Contact Me

email: Melissa Neese
Twitter: Melissa Neese

Saturday, June 7, 2014

C4T#1 Project#4

Thinking Critical About Google


 In the post “Thinking Critical About Google” by John Spencer, he discusses what if big companies like Google forms how education is taught? Is one particular technology company becoming too big in the education field? The graphs that John Spencer posted also showed that women and minorities are the smallest groups that go into the technological fields. If men are the primary workers in this field than it would mean that men are determining how technology is used in our schools. I think that both women and minorities have the ability to achieve these jobs and with that they help educate our students with technology. The world we live in is much different than it used to be. If you work hard enough you can achieve anything. As for Google, I am happy that there are companies that are working hard to make the next big thing. Especially, when it will benefit the children we teach.
Google Sign

Education Rethink


Why Do Projects Work?


 In the post “Why Do Projects Work?, By John Spencer, he tells a story about his son making a Pokemon Wall. During the process of making this wall, his son made mistakes and shed tears. He even asked his dad when it would get easy. John Spencer told his son “ it would never get easy and that it’s ok”. His son pushed on and finished the wall. After a setback that I have faced this week, it was good to read this post. That same child taught me a lot by reading this post. Anything worth having is worth working for. I may not know what to do next but somehow I feel like it will work out. It may alter my plans as far as time is concerned but that will be ok too. John Spencer’s final statement in the post said, “I’m not sure what I need to do to make it work, but my son’s project is reminding me that there’s no magic formula and the answer can’t be found in taking shortcuts”. It would be good for all of us to remember this as we are in our last years of college. 

Way to Go! Great job!
She Believed She Could So She Did



Education Rethink

1 comment: