Contact Me

email: Melissa Neese
Twitter: Melissa Neese

Monday, July 7, 2014

Blog Post #13

What Did I leave out?

I have been asked to come up with a blog assignment of my own. My question would be What are some great ways to help students that struggle with math? When I was in elementary and secondary school, I hated math class. Just the thought of having to go to a math class made me nervous. Since I have been in college, I have come to love math. I think that the number one thing that can make a student love or hate math, is the teacher. My teachers in college have been incredible. I could not wait to get to class. Not all students can learn the same way nor at the same speed so I researched a few things that may help a child that struggles with math.

IXL

This site is for PreK all the way through high school. The math goes up to 8th grade with additional help in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. It also has help for Language Arts. You can click on your state to find which standards are being taught. This is a great site for practice in both Math and Language Arts.

Math.com

Math.com is a great site to practice math skills and problems. It also has charts and formulas. It also has math worksheets, a calculator, and a problem solver. The problem solver shows how it came about the answer. This site goes from first grade through eighth grade with additional help in Algebra I and II, and Geometry. You can also play math games and you will have access to a math tutor.

Student Tutor

This site helps parents identify if their child is struggling in math. It has links to several sites that can help students with math. There is a blog associated with it. You can also find test prep information and college and scholarship information on this site. You can also find some great tips for helping students.

A+ Math

This is an interactive web site for teachers, parents, and students. It features free worksheets, math games, math flash cards, and much more. There is also a homework helper.

There are several great math sites for students struggling with math.
Hoodamath.com

Mathway.com

Algebrahelp.com

Coolmath.com

I love Math

1 comment:

  1. You found some great resources for math teachers to use, but not all EDM students are elementary education or math education. This blog post could be useful to many, but not relevant to all EDM students.

    ReplyDelete